Heart disease and stroke is the leading cause of death for men and women in the U.S. However, you can reduce many of your risks for heart disease and stroke with a few lifestyle changes.
Heart Health in Tampa, FL
At the Healthy Heart Center, our team is dedicated to heart disease prevention. Our goals are to:
- Educate you about heart disease risk factors
- Help you make lifestyle changes to lower your risk for heart disease
- Provide comprehensive preventive care, including heart screenings and regular monitoring
We are designed our program to help you understand your risk for heart disease and stroke. We offer screenings and screening packages to fit your needs. Learn more about heart screenings we provide. Watch our patient stories to learn how heart screenings saved their lives.
Heart Disease Prevention
There are steps you can take today to lower your risk of developing heart disease. While there are certain risk factors you cannot change, such as family history of heart disease, there are many factors within your control. Making certain changes in your routine can help you live a heart-healthy lifestyle:
- Quit smoking and other tobacco use
- Exercise regularly (aim for at least 30 minutes every day)
- Eat a heart-healthy diet, including foods that are low in fat, cholesterol and salt, and rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Maintain a healthy weight, which will decrease your blood pressure, cholesterol level and risk of diabetes
- Get heart screenings
- If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, talk to your doctor about ways to keep it under control
Learn more about heart disease prevention guidelines.
Heart Health Education
We are committed to patient education. We want to empower you to make educated, informed decisions about your health care. Our heart team is always available to talk to you and answer your questions about screening, prevention and heart care. Learn more about our heart health services:
- Heart screening
- Heart disease prevention guidelines
- Signs of heart attack and stroke
- Heart disease and stroke: Questions to ask your doctor
For more information or to schedule a screening appointment, please call the Healthy Heart Center today at (813) 872-3780. Get directions to our facility.