Every day, more than 4,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with diabetes. With nearly 26 million children and adults afflicted with the disease in the U.S., and an additional 79 million at risk for type 2 diabetes, diabetes has reached epidemic proportions. Understanding how to manage this complex disease begins with education.
To meet the community's need for diabetes education, South Florida Baptist Hospital offers The Journey for Control, a diabetes class that teaches participants to build an action plan to make changes in their lifestyle choices and behaviors. The course consists of a series of four classes. Content is geared toward adults who are diabetic, prediabetic or are a caregiver for a diabetic. The cost is $10 per series, and class size is limited to 10 participants.
Courses are offered:
- Mondays, January 20 - February 10, 5pm-7pm
- Saturdays, March 8 - 29, 10am-Noon
- Mondays, May 5 - 26, 5pm-7pm
- Mondays, July 14 - August 4, 5pm-7pm
- Mondays, September 15 - October 6, 5pm-7pm
- Mondays, November 3 - 24, 5pm-7pm
To register, call (813) 443-2092 or visit BayCareEvents.org.