South Florida Baptist Hospital: Serving cancer patients with expert medical care and a compassionate community resource center.
South Florida Baptist has expanded its hematology and oncology services to include surgical and chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients, including those with the following diagnoses:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostrate cancer
Our staff of oncologists and general surgeons provides cancer care close to home, where you feel comfortable. There is also an infusion center on the third floor of the hospital for chemotherapy treatments in a warm, convenient location.
For more information about our cancer services, please call (813) 757-1200.
Community Cancer Resource Center
We opened the Cancer Resource Center directly behind our hospital with the goal of improving the quality of life for cancer patient's in the Plant City area. Calming music, beverages and cozy seating make the Center a comfortable place to gather information, meet with support groups or just relax and rest.
We provide an understanding oasis for people with cancer, and we offer a wealth of information:
- Educational materials, medical supply catalogs and information about free programs and services
- Internet access for research purposes
- Hats, scarves, turbans, bras, wigs and prostheses: free for visitors without insurance
- A large meeting room for big gatherings and a family-style room for small groups
- Beginning January 2014, the Bereaved Parents group will meet in the Cancer Resource Center the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30pm
For more information about the Cancer Resource Center, please call (813) 704-4838.
The hospital is seeking volunteers to staff the center, as well as donations of money and supplies to support the operations. For more information about volunteering or donating, please contact Teresa Armbruster at (813) 757-1275.