Whether your surgery is planned, or an emergency procedure, at St. Joseph's Hospital-North, you will be incredibly pleased with our excellent nursing, beautiful recovery rooms and amenities that rival those of a five-star hotel. We have a patient-first mentality and work as teams to provide exceptional, quality healthcare that is personalized for you. Learn more about preoperative testing, preparing for surgery and what to expect after surgery.
Advanced Surgical Care in Tampa
What sets our surgical services apart includes experienced surgeons, advanced nursing care and patient monitoring as well as spacious, private rooms designed for peace, calm and healing. Some facts you should know about our surgical services include:
- Experienced nurses—we only hire nurses who have at least one to two years of experience in surgical nursing. Most of our nurses have a broad spectrum of experience in managing pre-operative and post-operative patient needs.
- Cutting-edge surgical tools—the technology we use during surgery is state-of-the-art and is brand new.
- Advanced technology—the entire hospital uses Electronic Medical Records (EMR), which help to consolidate patients' records, including medications, allergies and personal concerns. This avoids mistakes and allows us to provide efficient, individualized care. Our patient monitoring is also the latest in surgical technology; our nurses can monitor patients from anywhere on the floor.
Our Surgical Services
We offer the following surgical services here at St. Joseph's Hospital-North:
- Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Gastrointestinal surgical procedures, including appendectomies, gallbladder surgery, ERCPs, colonoscopies and upper and lower GI tract procedures
- Gynecologic procedures, including hysterectomies, infertility workups and laparoscopic procedures
Watch our educational video: Diagnosis and Treatment Options for Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Orthopedic surgeries, including fracture repair, total joint replacements and the Birmingham hip resurfacing procedure
- Plastics, in the case of reconstructions necessary from trauma
- Urology, including stents and kidney stone procedures
If you come through the Emergency Department (ED), and require emergency surgery, we have general surgeons on call 24/7.
Sometimes, it is unclear if patients need surgery, so we provide 24-hour observation beds on our floors. This helps keep the flow of traffic in the ED running smoothly. It also allows us to determine if we need to proceed with surgery, or if we can send you home safely to follow up with your primary care physician the following day.