All The Care Your Heart Needs. All In One Place.
St. Joseph's Hospital Heart Institute is one of the most advanced and comprehensive centers for cardiovascular care in Florida. Using the latest technology, we diagnose and treat a wide range of adult and pediatric heart problems. We combine our expertise with the compassionate care that is the hallmark of St. Joseph's.
Heart Health in Tampa, FL
When you choose the Heart Institute, you are choosing an experienced, skilled heart team. We are at the forefront of the latest research and new techniques in heart care. Our program is nationally recognized for distinctions including:
- Sophisticated technology. Our procedure rooms combine the most advanced imaging and surgical technology, improving your access to effective, expert care. Expanded waiting rooms and a dedicated private area to speak with our physicians help make your hospital experience as comfortable as possible. Learn more about the Heart Institute at St. Joseph's.
- Atrial fibrillation treatment. We are pioneering new treatment methods for atrial fibrillation, a heart rhythm disorder: We were the first in the country to treat atrial fibrillation successfully with cryoablation, and one of the first to use the minimally invasive Hybrid ablation procedure. Learn more about treatment for atrial fibrillation at our Advanced Center for Atrial Fibrillation.
- Arrhythmia treatment. Learn more about arrhythmias at St. Joseph's.
- Heart valve repair. We were one of the first in the Tampa area to perform mitral valve repair, and we are the largest mitral valve center on Florida's west coast. Learn more about heart valve disease at St. Joseph's.
- Cardiac catheterizations. We have performed more than 74,000 adult cardiac catheterizations, more than any other hospital in Hillsborough County. Learn more about cardiac catheterizations at St. Joseph's.
Cardiologists at St. Joseph's Hospital
The physicians at St. Joseph's Hospital Heart Institute are renowned leaders in cardiac care. Our approach to care is:
- Evidence-based. We advance the field of cardiac care by bringing the latest research and technology to your bedside, improving your care and outcome.
- Advanced. We have equipped our surgical suites and procedure rooms with the most sophisticated cardiac technology available.
- Multidisciplinary. Your team includes a number of specialists collaborating on your treatment, so you receive coordinated, comprehensive care. Our team includes board-certified:
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Pediatric cardiologists
Together, your team works to deliver the most appropriate treatment for you. By offering the full continuum of cardiovascular services, we are able to provide you with seamless care, no matter what your needs.
Cardiology at St. Joseph's: Learn More
We invite you to learn more about the heart services we offer at St. Joseph's:
- Heart Institute
- Heart Conditions We Treat
- Heart Services
- Advanced Center for Atrial Fibrillation
- Classes & Events
For more information or for a physician referral call (813) 644-4322. Get directions to our facility.