For more Volunteer information, call our Volunteer Coordinator:
Donate to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital:
The St. Joseph's Children's Hospital's Volunteer Coordinator and supportive staff will interview, orient, place and train all qualified and enthusiastic people who want to volunteer. We are seeking adult volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities. We want to insure that you are of good health and able to communicate in English with the many staff persons and visitors of St. Joseph's Children's Hospital and if you speak a second language that is an extra bonus! Volunteers must also be willing to purchase a volunteer shirt for $20.
Some of the additional requirements:
- Completion of application form
- Submit 2 reference forms
- Attend orientation session (invitation only)
- Completion of Volunteer orientation paperwork
- Attend group training session
- TB test and blood titer test drawn by the hospital's Employee Health Department (free)
- Cleared criminal background investigation (free)
- Retrieve badge, shirt, and parking pass
- Coordinate schedule, placement and first day with volunteer coordinator
Some of the perks for volunteering at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital:
- Free flu shots
- Discounted meals in Season's Café (hospital cafeteria) up to $4.50 (adults only)
- Discounts at the Gift Shop
- Invitations to the annual Appreciation Banquet and other appreciation events
- New friendships with others who share your commitment
Interested in getting started?
- Step 1: Complete the Volunteer Application and submit the application online to email@example.com or mail to:
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Volunteer Coordinator
Child Life Department
3001 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607
- Step 2: Give your two reference forms, on pages 2 and 3 of the application, to two qualified individuals and ask them to mail them to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Step 3: Once at least one of the reference forms are received by the Volunteer Coordinator, attend, upon invitation, an orientation session.
- Step 4: Complete the required paperwork, which will be emailed to you before your orientation session and turn in at the orientation.
- Step 5: Complete TB Test and titers (free) drawn by Employee Health at:
4215 N. MacDill Avenue
Tampa, FL 33607
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:15 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Step 6: Attend a shadowing/training session at the hospital. Dates and time will be given at the orientation you attend.
- Step 7: Once your background check has cleared you will be notified by the Volunteer Coordinator and asked to get your Volunteer Badge in the Security Office. Instructions will be given to you.
- Step 8: Pick up your parking pass for your vehicle and your volunteer uniform from the St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Volunteer Coordinator. Instructions will be given to you.
- Step 9: Coordinate your area of service and schedule with the Volunteer Coordinator.
If you are a high school student and are between the ages of 14 and 18:
The St. Joseph’s Hospital Volunteer Office coordinates an annual summer teen volunteer program. Information about how to apply to that program for summer 2015 will be posted in the spring, so please check back for this exciting opportunity!
If at any time you would like to speak to someone about volunteering at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital, please feel free to give our Volunteer Coordinator a call at (813) 554-8685 or email Childrensvolunteer@baycare.org. Your call or email will be returned within 2-4 business days.