Safe Kids USA is a nationwide network of organizations working to prevent unintentional childhood injury, the leading cause of death and disability for children ages 1 to 14.
We educate families, provide safety devices to families in need and advocate for better laws to help keep children safe, healthy and out of the emergency room.
Safe Kids Tampa is one of more than 600 coalitions and chapters in all 50 states bringing together health and safety experts, educators, corporations, foundations, governments and volunteers to educate and protect families.
Safe Kids Tampa members:
- Teach families about child injury risks and prevention
- Encourage and conduct research on leading injury risks
- Evaluate solutions for injury risks
- Work to pass and improve child safety laws and regulations
- Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them
- Promote corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships
Safe Kids USA is a member of Safe Kids Worldwide, a global network of organizations with a mission of preventing unintentional childhood injury. Safe Kids Tampa is a very active coalition. We have dynamic programs that address Tampa bay's unique safety needs including: