The spiritual, emotional and religious needs of our patients, families and team members are important to us. Our chaplains, Eucharistic Ministers and Pastoral Care volunteers are present throughout St. Joseph’s Hospital to serve your needs. The Pastoral Care team represents various religions and will assist you in contacting your own place of worship.
The chapel is located on the first floor of the main hospital, and is open 24 hours a day. Catholic Mass is held in the chapel Sunday through Friday at noon, and it is also televised on Channel 7 in your room.
The Pastoral Care Department can be reached at (813) 554-8400.
In addition to providing spiritual support and ritual to Cancer Institute patients and families of all faith traditions, our Pastoral Care team offers:
- Counseling regarding Advanced Directives, which are specific instructions prepared to direct medical care for persons if they become unable to do so for themselves in the future.
- Help in finding clergy for any denomination.
- Support in times of psycho spiritual crisis for our patients and their families.
- Eucharistic ministers to provide Holy Communion to those wishing to receive.
- A quiet room on the patient floor for private conversations, meditation, prayer and reflection throughout the hospital stay.