Cancer Prevention Study- 3 (CPS-3)
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words "you have cancer?"
You can fight cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society's new research study, Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
The study is open to anyone who:
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
Enrollment will take 30-60 minutes. As part of enrollment, you will be asked to:
- Read and sign an informed consent form
- Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health.
- Have your waist circumference measured
- Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor's visit – 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these steps, you will be sent periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
Enrollment will take place at the following locations:
St. Joseph's Hospital
Hillsborough County Public Schools
For more information, visit cancer.org/cps3florida or call toll free at 1-888-604-5888.