St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Post-Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Program is a 12 month program that provides specialized training for residents in pediatric and neonatal pharmacotherapy.
The program is designed to provide advanced clinical training to promote independent critical thinking skills in pediatric and neonatal pharmacotherapy. The resident will gain experience through participation in pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) multi-disciplinary rounds, developing monitoring plans, preparing drug-related inquiries, and facilitating topic discussions with preceptors. The essential knowledge and skill sets obtained from the pediatric pharmacy residency program will prepare the resident to excel in the pediatric acute care setting.
The residency program is committed to providing a customized experience, thereby allowing flexibility in the design and length of rotation experiences.
The PGY2 residency program core rotations include:
- General Pediatrics
- Pediatric Intensive Care
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care
Elective rotations may include:
- Nutrition Support
- Medication Safety
- Women's Health
- Pediatric Behavioral Health
The resident is expected to complete various projects throughout the year including, but not limited to, a drug utilization review, research project to be presented at PPAG or Southeast Residency Conference, participation in the University of Florida Teaching Certificate Program, poster presentation at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, and a performance improvement project. The resident will also have the opportunity to earn a teaching certificate through the University of Florida or the University of South Florida.
- Stipend: Competitive Salary
- Medical Plan with prescription drug coverage. We offer the flexibility of two medical plan options.
- Dental and Vision Plans. We offer the flexibility of two dental plan options that provide coverage for eye exams, eyeglasses, and contact lenses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity to Contribute Pre-tax Dollars to a 401 (k) Plan. Team members are eligible to participate on their date of hire
- Life Insurance. Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage.
- Professional Travel Reimbursement
- Team Member Services. Team members receive a discount rate on a variety of events, programs, and tickets to area attractions.
Requirements for Acceptance
- Application submission via PhORCAS
- Letter of intent
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript from all colleges of pharmacy attended
- Possession of a Pharm.D. or B.S. degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
- Successful completion of the Florida State Board Examination by August 1st
- On-site interview
All questions concerning the PGY2 pediatric residency program at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital can be directed to the program coordinatory, Tim L'Hommedieu:
Tim L'Hommedieu, Pharm.D., MS
Department of Pharmacy
St. Joseph's Hospital
3001 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33607-6387
Phone: (813) 870-4874
Fax: (813) 870-4353